Vanilla Fruit Strudel Recipe
Light flaky pasty filled with vanilla fruit and crunchy Cheerios - delicious served warm with a dollop of reduced-fat crème fraiche.
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 200c/400F/Gas 6.
2. In a large bowl mix together the plums, nectarines, Cheerios, orange juice, vanilla seeds and brown sugar. Set to one side.
3. Cover the table with a clean tea towel or cloth.
4. Lay out the filo slightly overlapping by 10cm/4inc into a 30cm/12in square. Lightly spray with light olive oil.
5. Scatter the fruit and Cheerio mixture evenly over the filo pastry leaving a 2.5cm/1in border.
6. Roll up using the cloth to help you. Transfer the strudel onto the centre of a non-stick baking tray lined with baking parchment and shape into a crescent.
7. Lightly spray the strudel with a little more light olive oil and scatter over the almonds. Bake in the oven for approx 35/40 minutes until crisp and golden.
Dust with icing sugar and serve warm.