Summer Spicy Shredded Wheat Kebabs Recipe
These spiced kebabs are delicious for all the family - great to cook on the barbeque in the summer or simply in a griddle pan. Serve with roasted red peppers, rocket salad and a quick creamy tzatziki dressing.
1. Place the minced pork, beef, or lamb in a bowl.
2. Add 25g of the crushed Bitesize Shredded Wheat, onions, garlic, coriander, and egg and mix together with your hands. Season well with black pepper.
3. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each into a sausage approximately 4cm long. Push the skewers through the sausages, ensuring you mould them firmly onto the skewer and flatten lightly.
4. Brush each kebab on both sides with the sweet chilli chutney and roll in the remaining crushed Bitesize Shredded Wheat.
5. Place on a baking try and spray lightly with olive oil. Chill until needed.
6. When ready to cook, place the kebabs in a griddle pan or on a barbecue over a low to medium heat for 8-10 minutes each side.
7. Serve with griddled pitta bread, roasted peppers from the barbecue, rocket salad and tzatziki dressing.
. For a quick tzatziki dressing, mix 250g low-fat natural yogurt, 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and grated, a small bunch of chopped mint and one crushed garlic clove. Season to taste and place in a serving bowl.
. I like to use my favourite chilli and tomato chutney with cumin seeds. However you could use a sweet chilli jam, tangy tomato chutney or even a mild spiced curry paste. There's no end to different flavours you can brush on these summer kebabs.