Shredded Wheat, garlic and thyme autumn crusted cutlets Recipe
This is a fantastic combination, comforting food at it's best.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
2. Place the vegetables, bay leaves and a few sprigs of thyme in a large, shallow roasting tin (35cm x 30cm). Drizzle over 2tbsp of the olive oil, season with freshly ground black pepper and toss well.
3. Cover the tray with foil and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the Shredded Wheat crust. Place the Shredded Wheat, garlic, parsley, 1tbsp thyme leaves, Dijon and remaining oil in a small bowl and mix well. Season with black pepper.
5. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Place the chops in the pan and sear on one side for approximately one minute (you may have to do this in two batches). Remove the pan from the heat and turn the chops over so the unsealed side is uppermost. Divide and press the Shredded Wheat mixture onto each chop.
6. Remove the vegetables from the over and take off the foil.
7. Place the chops crusted side up on the vegetables.
8. Return to the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes.
9. Serve with the watercress and spiced croute salad.