Hamburgers with Red Salsa Recipe
Get the children to help you with the mixing and shaping of these healthy burgers. Great served in wholemeal baps with zingy salsa.
1. Place the Bitesize Shredded Wheat in a bowl and crumble with your fingers until they resemble fine shreds.
2. In a large bowl mix together the Bitesize Shredded Wheat crumbs, pork, beef, carrot, garlic. Worcestershire sauce, egg and season well.
3. Using your hands, shape the mixture into four burgers, transfer onto a large plate, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 45 minutes.
4. Preheat a griddle pan or large non-stick frying pan.
5. Spray the burgers lightly with the oil and cook for 10-12 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
6. To make the salsa, mix all the ingredients together and season to taste.
7. Serve the burgers in baps and top with the salsa.
4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded, chopped
1/2 bunch spring onions, chopped
1tbsp olive oil
Squeeze lemon juice
4 wholemeal baps