GOLDEN NUGGETS TREASURE CHEST Recipe
Crispy and chewy cereal, nut, sultana and dark chocolate treasure chest decorated with Nestlé cereals, cherries, nuts and filled with fresh fruit treasure - a pirate’s dream!
1. Break the chocolate into small pieces and place into a microwavable bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave on medium setting in 20 second blasts, stirring every time until melted, but not hot.
2. Dividing the melted chocolate into 3 portions, pour it into the prepared trays.
3. Refrigerate until set.
4. Combine the sultanas, cereal, nuts, cherries and condensed milk in a bowl and mix well.
5. Remove 1 tray from the fridge and spread one third of the mixture evenly over the chocolate using the back of a spoon. Repeat with other 2 trays.
6. Bake in moderate oven for 15-20 minutes.
7. Cool, refrigerate until set, and then remove from tins onto a chopping board.
8. To assemble: Cut each slab in half across the shortest side, to make 6 pieces. Use 4 of these pieces to form the base, lid, front and back of the chest. Cut a fifth piece in half to make the 2 sides.
9. Place the base onto the chopping board and using a line of melted chocolate join the back to the base, repeat until you have attached all 4 sides. You will have to be patient and hold them together until set! Then refrigerate until really firm.
10. Using a teaspoon put a small amount of melted chocolate on to a Golden Nugget and attach it to the box. Repeat to make a pattern. Repeat using the Nesquik. Leave to set firm.
11. Transfer to the serving dish and fill with the prepared fruits. Rest the lid on top. You can fix this on at an angle with a little melted chocolate if you prefer.