Crunchy Shredded Wheat Salmon Fishcakes Recipe
The Shredded Wheat and parmesan coating gives the fishcake a delicious crunch.
1. Place 25g Bitesize Shredded Wheat into a freezer bag and use a rolling pin to crush them until they resemble fine shreds.
2. In a large bowl mix together the Bitesize Shredded Wheat crumbs, spring onions, mashed potato, salmon, mayonnaise, ketchup, sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice, dill and season well.
3. Divide the mixture into 6 balls, chill for 3 to 4 hours to firm up.
4. For the coating place 120g of Bitesize Shredded Wheat into a freezer bag and use a rolling pin to crush them until they resemble fine shreds. Mix in the grated parmesan cheese.
5. Dip the balls in the beaten egg, shaking off any excess, then coat in the cheesy Bitesize Shredded Wheat crumb mixture.
6. Dip in the beaten egg a second time then into the cheesy Bitesize Shredded Wheat mixture again to thoroughly coat the balls.
7. Put each ball onto a chopping board or tray and pat into a fish shape, press on cheesy Bitesize Shredded Wheat coating if any bald patches appear.
8. Spray a little sunflower oil into a pan and heat. Fry the fish cakes for 2 to 3 minutes on both sides until golden brown and the salmon is cooked through.
9. Place the fish cakes on a plate and decorate with a slice of egg with a pea on top for eyes, half a sugar snap pea for a mouth and a piece of parsley for a fin. Place three slices of radishes for air bubbles coming out of the fish's mouth.
10. Serve with petit pois which double up as the ocean floor.
120g Bitesize Shredded Wheat
25g parmesan cheese, finely grated
2 eggs beaten
Light sunflower oil spray for cooking
6 slices of hard boiled egg
3 mangetout, halved
240g frozen petits pois, cooked according to the pack instructions
One radish thinly sliced