Crunchy Salmon Fingers with Roasted Tomato Chutney and Potato Wedges Recipe
These crispy salmon bites are so simple to make, and taste great with a juicy, sweet roasted tomato chutney.
1. Start by making the chutney. Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2.
2. Place all the chutney ingredients into a small roasting tin and season. Bake in the oven for 1 1/2 hours until the tomatoes are softened and split (be careful not to allow the juices to burn on the base of the tin). Allow to cool and transfer to a sterile jar. The chutney will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge.
3. Increase the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
4. Place the potato wedges on a non-stick baking tray and spray with a little light olive oil. Bake for 45-50 minutes, turning them occasionally.
5. While the potatoes are cooking, cut the salmon into finger-length strips and set to one side. Season the beaten egg.
6. Place the Bitesize Shredded Wheat in a bowl and crumble with your fingers until they resemble fine shreds, then mix in the lemon zest and chives.
7. Coat the fish well in the beaten egg, shake of excess, roll in the Bitesize Shredded Wheat mixture and place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
8. Spray with a little of the light olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes until golden, crispy and cooked through. Serve with the tomato chutney and home-made potato wedges.
For the chutney
450g cherry tomatoes
2tbsp olive oil
2tbsp balsamic vinegar
Good pinch of dried chilli flakes
1tbsp Demerara sugar
For the wedges
500g potatoes, washed and cut into chunky wedges
Light olive oil spray