Cheats Casserole Recipe
This is real comfort food - sweet roasted roots, beans and tomatoes all topped with a crunchy crust of cheesy Shredded Wheat.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Place the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, bacon (optional), oil, and bay leaves in a roasting tin. Season well.
3. Cover with foil and cook for 25 minutes.
4. Remove the foil and add the tomatoes, beans, stock, and sage. Return to the oven and cook for a further 10-12 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix the topping ingredients together and set to one side.
6. Transfer the vegetables into four individual, heatproof shallow soup bowls or gratin dishes. Sprinkle over the Bitesize Shredded Wheat topping and place under a preheated grill for 1-2 minutes until golden and crusty. Serve straight away.