Bonfire Apple Kebabs Recipe
These fun toffee apple kebabs will be an instant hit around the bonfire! Don't forget to soak your bamboo skewers in cold water overnight - this will prevent them from burning. We recommend children are supervised when making this recipe.
1. Cut the apples in half and then quarters, cut out the core and cut each quarter in half again. You should end up with 24 thick apple wedges.
2. Carefully push three apple wedges onto each skewer.
3. Place in a preheated griddle pan or on a barbecue and cook for 2 minutes on each side until lightly charred. Place on baking trays lined with baking parchment.
4. To make the caramel, place the sugar in a heavy based small pan over a medium heat and leave until golden. Swirl the pan round until all the sugar has dissolved and the caramel is golden.
5. Carefully, spoon and drizzle the apple wedges with the hot caramel and quickly dip in the Cheerios. Set aside for a few minutes to cool and set before serving.