Apple and Berry Cheerios Bars Recipe
These crunchy, fruity cereal bars are a good solution for the school lunchbox or for snacking on at any time of the day. Packed with all good things – this all-in-one method makes them so simple to make.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
2. Line a 20cm x 25cm tin with baking parchment.
3. Place 100g of the Cheerios in a mixing bowl along with the flour, baking powder, cherry and berry mix, sugar and apple and stir together until well combined.
4. Add the milk, egg and oil and briefly mix again.
5. Spoon into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Sprinkle over the remaining Cheerios and lightly press them into the mixture.
6. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and just firm. Leave to cool for a few minutes then lift out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
7. Lightly dust with icing sugar and use a large knife cut into 10 bars.